Our School App Stay connected on the go...
SEND TEACHING ASSISTANT
Permanent, part-time (20 hours per week) term time only
VTG5 Scale Point 12 - 15 (Salary £16,445.46– £17,413.44 p.a. pro rata) + Health Cash Plan and Benefit package
Applications are invited from high quality candidates to join an exciting and committed team at the Kingfisher School.
Venturers Trust is a new Multi Academy Trust based in Bristol formed through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust in September 2017. Comprising Primary, Secondary, all-age schools and a Special school the Trust has 3,200 pupils and 700 staff.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
The successful candidate will have:
• A GCSE grade of C or higher in English and Mathematics (or equivalent qualification).
• NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants or other relevant Level 3 qualification
• A Proficiency in improving basic numeracy and literacy with specialist skills in literacy that will enable you to work with targeted individuals.
• Experience of working with students with English as an Additional Language
• Experience of working with SEND/ASC children and the strategies that support the core National Occupational Standards for Supporting Teaching and Learning standards are relevant to this role
• Experience of working with children who have diverse needs.
• Experience in delivering educational programmes by participating in day-to-day learning activities including individual work programmes for pupils with special educational needs
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development.
Closing date: 11th December 2018 at 9:00. Interviews: Week commencing 17th December 2018
Please note due to the expected volumes of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
The Kingfisher School is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.
|SEND Teaching Assistant JD.pdf||30th Nov 2018||Download|
|SEND Teaching Assistant Person Specifica...||30th Nov 2018||Download|
|Application NonTeaching Sep 2018.doc||30th Nov 2018||Download|
|EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES MONITORING FORM JA.d...||30th Nov 2018||Download|