HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
Part-time (35 hours per week) fixed term until 31st August 2023, term time only to start as soon as possible.
VTG9, SP26-29 starting salary is £25,450 per annum, pro rata (actual starting salary £20,591 per annum) + Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package
Venturers Trust is a dynamic and focused multi-academy trust based in Bristol, formed in September 2017 through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust. The Trust is responsible for eight academies, 3,500 pupils and 750 staff with a commitment to making a significant and lifelong difference to the lives of young people from some of Bristol’s most disadvantaged communities.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
The Kingfisher School is seeking a dedicated individual who has a passion for helping young people and who is committed to raising the attainment and aspiration of our students.
The successful candidate will have:
• GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and maths (or equivalent qualifications).
• Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience.
• Hold relevant qualifications at a level equivalent to at least NQF Level 3.
• Experience of relevant learning programmes/strategies/codes of practice.
• Understanding of relevant policies/ codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
• Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and barriers to learning.
• Have trained in relevant learning strategies, e.g. literacy.
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including Wellbeing Health Cash Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Introduction Incentive plus others.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Closing date: Monday 31st October 2022 at 9:00. Interviews: To be confirmed
The Kingfisher School is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.